Since the plan was approved, the Alliance has worked on these goals:
Create a high powered arts event showcasing York and its creativity.
- Presented the Governor's Awards for the Arts with Rocco Landesman, Chair of the NEA, Jonathon Katz, President of the National Association of Local Arts Agencies, Executive Director of the PA Council on the Arts, Philip Horn, Governor and Judge Rendell, Jeff Koons and Del McCoury to name a few.
Connect arts with York's citizens
- Presented the July 4th Symphony Concert and Fireworks show at the York Expo - estimated crowds 20,000 plus
Strengthen the sector
- Revised the allocation application to focus on two things: Audience Development and Finanical Sustainabilty
Open our "tent"
- Currently creating a web page designed specifically for artists
- Designing capacity building workshops for organizations and individual artists
- Exploring health insurance to be offered to small organizations or individuals
Increase Resources for the Sector
- Working like crazy to finish the campaign over goal!!!!!
Create an awareness of York as a destination through public art
- The public art process is underway. It will help make our city more inspiring, our lights and sidewalks more interesting, and showcase both the history and future of York.
Diane Mataraza, the author of this vision, is coming back to York in November to check in with us and help with the heavy lifting. Stay tuned.